With all you read about the housing market, buying a Vienna home appears to be a safe bet right now. I just looked over resale data from MRIS of the Vienna zip codes ( 22180-22182) for the month of April and the biggest gains seem to be in the 22182 zip code… looking at the number of sales.
- Total Units Sold in April 2009, 23 vs. 13 in 2008 (up 76%)
- Average Sold Price in April 2009, $760,479 vs. $750,923 in 2008 (up 1.27%)
- In the $500,000 to $599,999 range, 2 sold of 23 active listings
- In the $600,000 to $699,999 range, 6 sold of 28 active listings
- In the $700,000 to $799,999 range, 6 sold of 33 active listings
- Average days on market in April 2009 is 102 vs. 100 in 2008
- The average sold price in April 2009 was 91.74% of average list price
So this market remains highly competitive as we head further into the “Spring Market” with home sellers waiting anxiously for buyers to make offers. And with such a large inventory for sale in the 22182 average price range, the home buyers remain in control of the housing market.