If you are planning to build a new home, buy a tear down, or are just starting to research the idea, then these useful posts will give you excellent insight to help you focus your plan.
Candidly, navigating from start to finish can be like steering a cruise ship through a hurricane – it was easy going in, the duration was a nightmare, but on the other side all was brilliant sunshine and your life resumed to normal.
The following list of links are my suggestions on key posts on the topic of new homes from my archives. I hope you find them to be useful.
Buying an older home to tear down
- 5 Secrets Vienna Real Estate Investors Look For – 5 quick factors the pros use to determine what they can build and what they feel a tear down in Vienna is really worth.
- Finding a great lot in Vienna – tips on helping you join the big leagues when hoping to buy a tear down vs. savvy real estate investors.
- The New Home Timeline – you should know it may take a year or more depending on where the project is on the timeline
Working with a Builder
- How to Protect Your Deposit in Custom Home Purchases – an outline to help you grasp how your deposit will be used through the construction of your new home, and that your check really isn’t a deposit but used immediately to finish the house.
- Luxury Home Builders betting on Vienna Virginia – many builders came into the Vienna new home market over the past five years, adjusting their designs to the size restrictions in the Vienna Building Code.
- Building a Custom Home in Vienna – a series of posts I wrote as a clients home was being built in 2014.
Floor plan and design ideas
- New Home Trends – a few of my observations on what builders in Vienna are including in new homes these days.
- Little things | crown molding – finish work is extremely important and you will need to select a builder that delivers this specific type of value to preserve your investment.
- Power for your Digital Natives – today’s world requires charging stations, and you should add outlets before drywall has been hung.
If you have questions, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com.