UPDATE October 15th: Route 123 in Tysons Corner is closed again to demolish a beltway overpass. It is scheduled to last until Monday at 5:00 a.m.
New Press Release
Just in case you missed the press release, Route 123 between McLean and Vienna VA will be closed June 12 and 13 as they demolish a 495 (The Capital Beltway) overpass. Yes sir, 123 will be blocked off with no realistic notice as to what your options are for detours.
This VDOT map of a detour plan looks like a nightmare to me, so here is where my local Vienna and McLean driving experience can help you.
Two Tysons Corner Detour Options
- Take International Drive in Tyson’s Corner which turns into Spring Hill Road, then turn right on Lewinsville Road.
- Take Route 7 and turn on Magarity Road to Great Falls Street.
When I am with some real estate clients this weekend, I think we will avoid the whole Tysons Corner area or at least give it a wide berth.
Like I have said, living in Northern Virginia requires you to have a driving strategy.
Any thoughts on this project? Leave a comment!
Related articles by Zemanta
- McLean, VA Home Sales Stats | April 2010 (dougfrancis.com)
- Keep Tysons Moving during Virginia Mega Projects – HOT Lanes, Dulles Rail Constructions (metrodcliving.com)
- Vienna Real Estate is a Top Location (dougfrancis.com)